Thursday 3 December 2015

Peer Review

General comments on practical response so far:
  • It's a really well narrated story. You have a lot of pages to illustrate, however, I'm confident that you can do it!
  • Story is really well thought out - language will be good for children
  • Can see it looking really good!
  • THIS IS BLOODY GLORIOUS. Really lovely narrative skills and composition decisions are good - I like the one where she's refusing to leave and she's in white and the rest a more grey. Really powerful image.
  • Nearly cried reading it, so lovely!


Self-evaluation
I'm quite pleased the the comments I got! Pleased that people think the narration of story and composition decisions of illustrations is strong and appropriate for the target audience. I didn't think I was that behind to be quite honest but Emanuel mentioned that the practical development seems to be going slow - and I understand why he said that because I don't really have a lot of sketchbook work - I thought that there was no point of me drawing when I didn't have the words yet, but now that I do, and have all the sketches done, I can begin to experiment with media and colour! Even though I said that I'm going to be producing 3 double pages in full render, I think I'm going to aim to complete the whole book. I think I can do it and my peers also seem to have a lot of faith in my ability so I'm going to try my hardest!

Action Plan
  • Start digitising - experiment with colour.
  • Finalize illustrations.
  • Print product
  • Photograph product
  • Mock up proposed products
  • Create presentation boards
  • Submit!

No comments:

Post a Comment