Thursday 31 December 2015

Book Development

Double page spread below is the one I worked on today - my book is finally finished and ordered for printing! I've been informed that the estimated delivery time is 13th January or before, so one day before the deadline - a bit risky, but I have faith, hopefully it'll arrive on time. I wanted to print more than one copy of my book but I've decided to wait because I want to find some printing places in Leeds or Bristol first because they might turn out cheaper. 


I had to adjust some pages again, because there were some errors according to the blurb plug-in (just realised 32 pages doesn't include the covers with blurb so had to add a few more pages at the start and end to make 32) so the first couple of pages have changed slightly, but this doesn't affect the story really so its alright!


I've been posting sneak peeks of my book online, and I am so thrilled that people are actually showing interest in it! I really do want to continue with this project and develop more children's books like my Malala one after graduation and actually approach publishers or maybe collaborate with human appeal organisations (if thats even possible). I want to use my skills to help people and to try make a positive impact in the world (also to help me grow as a person by putting myself in people's shoes and understanding more about things) - I want to help raise awareness of issues happening around the world, encourage empathy to people early in life and increase prosocial behaviours. This is something I feel is really important and something I really care about! I might come across as unbelievably cheesy, but a better world is really what I want to strive for!


I'm really tempted to submit my book (or a couple of pages from it) to The World Illustration Awards 2016 for the Children's Book category! I'm going to ask what Fred or Teresa thinks!


holy guacamole, its so expensive to enter though.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment