Saturday 28 November 2015

Revised Manuscript

I have made slight changes to my script - simplified some of the sentences and words so it would be more suitable for the target reader. I also came up with a title, though still not sure about it? I was originally going to name it 'The girl who stood up' but this is in the the title of her autobiography, I don't know if that will be a problem, so I decided to keep it as what I have for now and see what Teresa thinks in the next progress tutorial.


The Malala quotes below will be used in book:

(page before story starts)
“If one man can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?
We must tell girls their voices are important."

(on the back cover)
"I don't want to be remembered as the girl who was shot. I want to be remembered as the girl who stood up"

I will also have decorative pages at beginning and end of book, these will have the map of Pakistan/The Swat Valley on it so that the kids will have an idea of where the story is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment