Friday 6 November 2015

Inspiration: EliOli

EliOli (Elena and Olivia) are self taught twin sisters who now works at DreamWorks/Big Idea Production. I've been following them for a while now and what I love most about their art is that many of them have quite simple compositions but they are so full of life! I think the textures/strokes of the brush, colour and lighting is what makes their work so recognisable. I'd like to try this kind of style for my book, as I think the simple compositions would allow for an easier read and perhaps it would be less time consuming? - considering I have about 10 weeks left of this project, I think it would be a good idea to keep things simple.


My plan for the book is to not show graphic scenes explicitly, as I want it to be suitable for even the youngest of readers. In the peer review yesterday, I was asked how I would show the graphic scenes without showing graphic scenes - Well, colour can evoke powerful emotions in us so I was thinking to focus on colour as well as texture in my work to try influence the reader's moods and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment