Thursday 5 November 2015

Peer Review Feedback

I feel pretty confident about my idea after the peer review - my peers actually said that they can see a clear link between my research topic and the practical - which is good for me, because I've never been very good at synthesising between the two in previous cop projects!

Though I do have a clear plan on how I want the story to go, there is still that nervousness whether I'd be able to complete it in time for the deadline - I recon I can do it and people also think I can do it, since I usually work pretty quick once I have everything prepared - but there is always going to be that underlying anxiousness within me.

The most important thing that I got out of this peer review is to start drawing! Start collecting visual references, drawing scenes, and character design! - which was my plan for yesterday, but I got sidetracked with a meeting with a reporter from Asian Express Newspaper, who's doing a story about the children's book I illustrated for Leeds children's hospital.

But I think it's wiser to come up with the words for the book first - so I don't waste time drawing things that I don't need to draw! - I know its good to just draw and explore through a "visual journal", but that is not how I work and I am not a fan of wasting time - so I'm going to be stubborn and do this my way, just for once. I am in charge of my own practice after all.

To sum up/action plan:
  • Good idea - strong link
  • make sure I manage my time well in order to have a good quality book and complete in time for submission deadline.
  • Start investigating character design.
  • Come up with words for book.
  • Start to visualise scenes according to words - sketches and thumbnails.
  • Start producing final artwork
  • Layout and print

No comments:

Post a Comment