Tuesday 20 October 2015

Rainbow Factory

rainbowfactorykids.com: The Rainbow Factory, an interactive storybook play centre, draws on themes from well-known books and fairy tales, bringing traditional stories and modern literature to life. Immersing youngsters in a world of adventure and fun, the Rainbow Factory, based in Farsley, Leeds, is the perfect attraction for a family day out.
photos from yorkshiretots.com

Teresa informed me about this place and thought it would be a good place to do my research at! I want to gather primary research as I think it would get me more specific answers for my project, but! will I have the time to actually go there, or sould I just email them? It would be great if I could talk to the parents and gather opinions from them too - maybe get a focus group together?

I think it would also be a good idea to talk to the manager; I'm seriously thinking about contacting them as I'm curious as to why they have decided to run this business, where the idea came from. I would like to ask them the following questions (but I feel like I should see Teresa first if it's a good idea):
  1. How did you come up with the idea for your business? And why?
  2. Why have you decided to base it around fairy tales and traditional stories?
  3. Do you think fairy tales are only children’s stories? Why?
  4. Do you think fairy tales are important to children? In what way?
  5. How do you feel about the sanitising of fairy tales and movie adaptations of these tales such as those made by Disney?
  6. Do you think fairy tales influence the perceptions and behaviour of children concerning gender-roles and relationships? In what way?

No comments:

Post a Comment