Thursday 15 October 2015

Existing Books: 1

I decided to carry out a little bit of research to see if there were already existing children's picture books based on Malala. ..and of course there were, it's Malala after all!


Although it's probably harder to do, I really like the rhythmic writing style at the beginning. I'm not quite sure if it's just me, but I really enjoy children's books that do not use a lot of words and are almost poetic but are easy to understand and follow through. With children, especially younger ones I think this makes it more engaging. I'm not the most gifted writer, but I'm really interested in writing for children's picture books myself in the future and I'd really like to try writing in this kind of style for my cop3 practical.

Also, I love the fact that the author highlights elements of Malala’s bright personality by including her love of the colour pink. Apparently she also quotes from Malala’s speeches and blog - which I think is a pretty nice idea - makes things even more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment