Thursday 15 October 2015

Existing Books: 3



This book is not out yet and will be released on October 28, 2015 but this is the one books out of the others that I found that got me a little bit excited. Visually, I feel is right up my alley! - I might even go buy this for myself! Maybe I should talk to the illustrator for PPP?

Rebecca Langston-George has presented a simplified version of Malala's story for children, complete with a brief glossary explaining some of the words. It is accompanied by beautiful illustrations by Janna Bock, and perfectly captures the courage and determination of this amazing young woman. The violence is implied rather than graphically depicted.
credit: acomfychair.com

The visual quality and illustration style is quite similar to mine and almost looks like its something that came out of an animated movie (or vice versa), which is probably why this one caught my attention the most. argh! now that I've found this book, I feel like its gonna make it more of a challenge for me because I do not want to copy! - but I think once I really read Malala's autobiography for myself, I'll be able to conjure up something of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment