Thursday 15 October 2015

Existing Books: 2


"I have the right of education. 
I have the right to play. 
I have the right to sing. 
I have the right to talk. 
I have the right to go to the market. 
I have the right to SPEAK UP."

"They thought that bullets would silence us, 
but they failed....
One child, one teacher, 
one book, one pen, 
can change the world." 

Jeanette Winter is a gifted and thoughtful writer. Her picture book biographies are worthy of our attention, and should certainly be shared with our children to garner attention for heroes who live, or have lived, in this world. In a two-in-one book that readers can begin from either end, Jeanette Winter links the lives of two courageous child activists from Pakistan - Malala Yousafzai and Iqbal Masih.

I can't find a preview for inside illustrations for this book, but I'm really interested to see. From the reviews I've read it sounds like it's worth a look. Also, reading just a few quotes from this book, I can already tell that I would really enjoy it - the rhythmic writing style again - I must learn how to do this. I must!

No comments:

Post a Comment