Friday 8 January 2016

Book Development / Book Dummy


This is the first mock up that I made of my book for the practical crit before we broke up for the holidays. I've tried to keep it as real and true as possible by using Malala's autobiography (which I read beforehand) and photos of Pakistan found online (Pinterest Board here) to inspire me with my illustrations. Some of the sketches here didn't make it into the final book as I decided that some of them weren't really necessary. I also changed the format and size of the book to fit the required specifications for blurb printing. I think the only thing I'm pretty disappointed about is that I don't have very much (if any) experimental work - most of the time went into research for the story instead and the actual production of the book. I had to set an earlier deadline date for myself as well so that my book would be printed and arrive before the submission deadline. Because of the limited time scale to complete the project, I decided to use the media that I am most comfortable with, that I know will allow me to get the project done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment