Friday 2 May 2014

A change in direction

In the feedback, my peers thought that the playing cards is a good way of showing contrast in the two different cultures. However, they also really liked the colour swapping and the bikers as it could be more engaging and playful. Adele suggested that maybe I could create a scene or scenes where the colours used were all 'wrong'. So I decided take a step back and try to do something with the bikers as people really liked it:


one of my earlier ideas was to make a comic about a character who gets transported into a parallel universe where the use of colour in products, road signs etc are not what he/she is used to. I decided to try make a comic about some biker dudes (above), but I couldn't get the composition to look right - never realised how hard comics are to make! Once my frustration kicked in, I decided to do some thumbnails of stand alone pieces instead, as I think I am better at this than I am with comics.


I also thought about maybe changing the font of the stop sign, like this:

I really liked my first thumbnail but I thought it needed something more make the story clearer. I decided to try adding a couple more panels to see how this would look:
 Then I decided to try changing the expression of the macho, manly, angry looking biker:

No comments:

Post a Comment